Suprameca has developed an innovative underwater pyrotechnic fixing technology.
To meet the needs of the subsea market, two ranges of tools have been developed using this technology: underwater fixing tools for professional divers and automatic tools for remote control or ROV use.
These tools are designed to quickly and reliably install threaded studs and drive pins into steel or reinforced concrete structures. Their robust design allows them to be used at depths of up to 150m.
These tools have been adopted by engineering and subsea contractors as well as the armed forces of many countries. They can be used for a variety of applications and have been proven in the following areas:
Marine Engineering – Offshore Industries:
- Anode installation for cathodic protection of subsea infrastructure
- Anode cage grounding for wind turbines
- Emergency repair of ship hulls
- Wreck removal and salvage
- Construction and repair of infrastructure
- Sebsea cable and pipe installation
- Offshore platform maintenance
- Deep water dam maintenance
- Subsea manifold maintenance
- Applying emergency patches to structures and equipment
- Attaching subsea demolition charges
- Lifting objects using underwater parachutes
- Underwater works
Key features and benefits
- Significant time savings over welding and chemical sealing techniques
- Quick and easy to implement
- Ready to use
- Divers' tools are light, compact and easy to use
- Optimal for cathodic protection (electrical connection resistance less than 250 micro-ohms)
- Mechanical strength of assemblies up to 40 kN tensile strength
- Automated, human-free solutions developed for offshore wind farms
Suprameca has extensive experience in the design, development and manufacture of bespoke equipment that meets high safety and reliability requirements.