Designed for the safe disposal of Improvised Explosive Devices, the Supracutter is a fully mechanical automatic wire cutter.
This non-explosive device is self-contained and immediately reusable.
Activated by a pull line or a reliable and accurate mechanical timer, this device requires no external power source (such as a battery).
The Supracutter is the perfect tool for remotely and safely cutting detonator wires, command wires and detonating cords, ensuring effective neutralisation of IEDs.
Its international protection rating exceeds the IP68 standard, guaranteeing its performance during prolonged immersion.
The unit has been designed to allow easy connection to a camera tripod, extending the field of operation.
The system is modular, offering a number of benefits to the operator. The cutting modules can be quickly removed and replaced thanks to an innovative quick-release system.
For cutting electrical wires, the Supracutter can be equipped with a module with steel blades or a non-conductive module with ceramic blades, depending on the criticality, risks and type of operation.
Maintenance is minimal and operations are limited to the simple replacement of the blades.
Compact and robust, the Supracutter offers two remote triggering modes that can be selected according to operational requirements: an automatic mode using a programmable mechanical timer, or a manual mode using a pull line.
Key features and benefits
- Mechanical: Reusable, non-explosive device
- Compact: Fits in the palm of your hand
- Safe and efficient: Robust and reliable technology
- Discreet: Silent mechanism for special operations.
- Non-conductive: When fitted with ceramic cutting module.
- Programmable: Mechanical timer can be set between 60 and 480 seconds
- Manual: Can be used with a pull line for remote manual cutting
- Versatility: Electric wire cutting, lead wire cutting, detonating cord cutting
- Robust: Maintenance is limited to simple blade replacement
- Waterproof: IP68 certified
Suprameca has extensive experience in the design, development and manufacture of bespoke equipment that meets high safety and reliability requirements.