The Suprafix is a new high performance underwater fixing tool designed primarily for underwater diving applications.
The Suprafix is a specialist tool used to quickly and reliably install threaded studs and drive pins for permanent anchoring and assembly to metal and reinforced concrete structures at depths of up to 150m.
With its robust design, the Suprafix can be recharged directly underwater without the need to surface, making it a versatile tool for deep sea applications.
The Suprafix’s power is easily adjustable, making it suitable for a wide range of applications. Its ergonomic design, compactness, light weight and autonomy make it the ideal tool for rapid intervention in any underwater environment.
The Suprafix can be used by divers to attach a wide range of fixtures and fittings in the underwater environment. Its main applications include, but are not limited to:
In the oil & gas and civil engineering industries:
- Subsea cathodic protection (anode installation, grounding)
- Emergency hull repairs
- Salvage and wreck removal
- Infrastructure construction/repair
- Subsea cable and pipe installation
- Offshore platform maintenance
- Deep water dam maintenance (up to 100m)
- Subsea manifold maintenance (up to 150m)
In the defence sector:
- Repairing/patching infrastructure and equipment
- Demolitions (fixing charges)
- Lifting operations (using lift bags, typically up to 1.000kg)
Key features and benefits
- Significant time savings over traditional welding and chemical sealing methods
- Easy to implement
- Light, compact and easy to use
- Ready to use at any time
- Reliable and repeatable performance regardless of operator skill level
- Optimal for cathodic protection (electrical connection resistance less than 250 micro-ohms)
- Mechanical strength up to 40 kN
Suprameca has extensive experience in the design, development and manufacture of bespoke equipment that meets high safety and reliability requirements.